The Mystery Review Crew Book Review Submission Guidelines
- Eligibility: The MRC accepts novels across all genres, including but not limited to traditional mystery, thriller, cozy mystery, detective fiction, suspense, fantasy, Ya, middle grade, etc. If there is an element of mystery, the MRC will consider it. All authors and publishers are welcome to submit their books for review.
- Submission Guidelines: Books may be submitted by using the link listed below or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the book’s title, author’s name, the first three chapters of the manuscript, publication date, synopsis, and any additional relevant information.
- Review Notification: Upon notification that MRC has accepted the book for review, the publisher or author must provide a digital copy, EPUB, or PDF. Payment is via PayPal.
- Review Timeline: The MRC strives to complete reviews in a timely manner. However, due to the volume of submissions, the review process may take up to 2 months from the date of acceptance. Once completed, the review will be sent to the author/publisher. The review can be used in promotions, with the Mystery Review Crew listed as the source.
- Review Content: Our reviews are professionally written and aim to offer valuable insights to our readers. Each review includes a summary of the plot, characters, and overall impressions. All reviews are unbiased and reflect the honest opinion of the reviewer.
- Recommended: The MRC team will provide a recommendation if warranted.
- An MRC Recommendation is given to top-shelf, well-written books we believe our readers will enthusiastically enjoy.
- Promotional Features: For books earning the Mystery Review Crew’s Recommended seal of approval, the MRC offers optional promotional features to boost visibility and reach a broader audience.
Standard Review: $40 – The review will not be published on the MRC website. The review or excerpts may be used by the author/publisher with credit to MRC.
With an MRC Recommendation, the following are additional promotion packages:
- Featured Review: The cover and review will be featured (at no extra charge) on the MRC website.
- Website Banner: $25 – A month-long custom-designed banner on the home page of the MRC website.
- Book Blitz: $25 – A one-day blitz with a custom-designed graphic, shared across the MRC social media (Shared on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and Linkedin).
- Newsletter Spotlight: $25 – A book spotlight in the MRC bi-monthly newsletter.
- Facebook/Instagram AD: $30 + Daily ad price TBD
The MRC’s Current Social Stats For Reference as of 8/13/2023:
- Facebook: 960 followers/ 902 likes
- Mystery Book Talk (Private FB Group): 188 members
- Instagram: 306 followers
- YouTube: 86 subscribers
- Pinterest: 174 followers
- Twitter: 282 followers
- Website views per month: On average, 15-18K
- Newsletter subscribers: 824 subscribers with an open rate of 41.8%
Submission of Reviews to Publishers: Upon the author’s request, the MRC can provide the review directly to the publisher or literary agents for promotional purposes.
Important Note: The MRC team prioritizes the quality of MRC reviews and the promotion of exceptional novels. While we endeavor to review all submissions, the MRC may decline books that do not align with our mission statement or contain offensive or inappropriate content.
If you have any questions, feel free to email us at email@example.com.
⬇️Click this link to fill out the book review request form.⬇️