Welcome to the iReads Book Tour for the Annalisse Series! Today we are featuring Book 4 Copper Waters!
- Title: Copper Waters
- Author: Marlene M. Bell
- Series: Annalisse Series #4
- Genre: Mystery, Thriller, Romance
- Where to Find It: Goodreads, Amazon, BookBub
A rural New Zealand vacation turns poisonous.
Antiquities expert Annalisse Drury and tycoon Alec Zavos are at an impasse in their relationship when Alec refuses to clear up a paternity issue with an ex-lover.
Frustrated with his avoidance when their future is at stake, Annalisse accepts an invitation from an acquaintance to fly to New Zealand—an idyllic escape from the recent turbulence in her life.
Trouble follows Annalisse to her cottage getaway on the family sheep farm.
Alec asks a mutual friend and detective, Bill Drake, to accompany her on the flight. But not long after their arrival she’s confronted by two peculiar deaths – either accidental, or the deliberate acts of a psychopath.
Local investigators are closing both cases too quickly. They want Annalisse to exit the country before she unearths the town’s dirty secrets.
As she and Bill pursue their own leads at serious cost, the dual mysteries force Annalisse to question everything she thought she knew about family ties, politics, and the art of small-town betrayal.
A Review of Copper Waters
Let’s start off this book review by admiring that eye catching cover, then I’ll give you four reasons I enjoyed Copper Waters!
It is my favorite cover in the series so far. I love its rich colors and simple details! It immediately caught my eyes and made me think of the lush foliage all over New Zealand.
Now for four reasons I think you will enjoy Marlene M. Bell’s latest installment in the Annalisse Mystery Series!
- The vivid scenes. In all the books I’ve read from Marlene M. Bell one of the most remarkable things in her ability to truly place you in the scene with her characters. The details are so rich and vibrant!
- The Drama. Annalisse gets all the adventure I wish (ha maybe without the dead bodies) that I could experience. There is a lot of personal growth and development for Annalisse in this book. She has a lot of choices to make, and I felt like this book really dove deep into who Annalisse is when compared to the first few books.
- The Suspense. Now I can’t go into much detail on this aspect, because it would ruin the book for many. But I will say it was really good and the mystery… chefs kiss Marlene M. Bell!
- The location. Now I happen to know Marlene M. Bell writes children’s books as well, and I LOVE how she chose to incorporate sheep into this book as well. Since she has a sheep herself! Adding in a sheep farm in New Zealand, I mean how awesome is that? It kind of goes back to the vivid detail I described earlier, Marlene M. Bell has such a way of just making the scenes and locations feel so lifelike.
Overall, this book was wonderful and by far one of my favorites in the series.
The only thing that was a little bit interesting was that there was so much of the back story in it. I thought it kind of bogged it down. However, if you haven’t read other books in the series, I thought it was probably helpful in catching you up quickly. And not making you feel like you were a little bit lost.
About Marlene M. Bell
Marlene M. Bell is an eclectic mystery writer, artist, photographer, and she raises sheep in beautiful East Texas with her husband, Gregg, three cats and a flock of horned Dorset sheep.
The Annalisse series has received numerous honors including the Independent Press Award for Best Mystery (Spent Identity,) and FAPA— Florida Author’s President’s Gold Award for two other installments, (Stolen Obsession and Scattered Legacy.) Her mysteries with a touch of romance are found at marlenembell.com. She also offers the first of her children’s picture books, Mia and Nattie: One Great Team! Based on true events from the Bell’s ranch. The simple text and illustrations are a touching tribute of compassion and love between a little girl and her lamb.
See our Guest Post From Marlene M. Bell on How to Make Your Novel Stand Out